Frequently Asked Questions
Care Calls FAQs
Monitored Check-In FAQs
Care Calls FAQs
- Who can benefit from Care Calls?
- Care Calls was initially designed with seniors in mind, but we quickly discovered that people of all ages have a need for our service. Among those who find our service useful are: seniors, disabled individuals, people with chronic health issues, older adults living alone with pets, people grieving the recent loss of a partner or companion.
- How is a live-person calling service better than an automated system?
- While automated systems can be useful in certain situations, we believe a machine cannot substitute for a caring and friendly voice on the other end of the phone. An automated service cannot provide valuable social interaction and get a sense for when something doesn't seem right.
- Does the same person call everyday?
- If possible we try have the same person call everyday. Each client is assigned to a caller and they will be called by that same person most of the time. This allows us to develop a better relationship with our clients.
- How long does a typical call last?
- A Care Call usually lasts anywhere from 1-5 minutes, and in some cases a little longer. It all depends on the client. Some clients like to talk while others just want a quick check-in and/or be reminded to take their meds. We give every client the opportunity to engage in friendly conversation. And we make every effort to ensure the calls never feel rushed.
- What do we talk about?
- Anything and everything. News, current events, weather, sports, food, entertainment. Our older clients like to reminisce about “the good old days.” We are happy converse on any topic of interest to the client. As we get to know our clients, conversation almost always evolves into the kind of natural conversation one would have with a friend or relative.
- What happens if a client doesn’t answer the phone?
- If a client doesn’t answer the phone, we will attempt to call them back three times within the hour. If there is no response on the third attempt, we will leave a message containing any necessary reminders and call or email the designated contact informing them that we were unable to reach the client.
- What if you detect a problem during a call?
- If the client complains that they not feeling well, we will advise they seek proper medical attention. We will also inform the designated contact. For example: “Mom is complaining of a minor stomach ache today.” In the event of an emergency while we are on a call, we will instruct the client to hang up and immediately dial 911.
- Can you email a family member with regular updates?
- Sure. Upon request, we can provide daily or weekly status email status updates to a family member or designated contact after calling the client. Otherwise, we will only email/call if there is a problem or concern.
- Can I have multiple contacts on file?
- Absolutely! We actually recommend having at least two contacts on file. A contact can be a family member, friend, neighbor or care manager. If a client doesn’t have any of those, we recommend leaving the number to your building manager and/or local police department. We do recommend that one of the contacts be local, if possible.
- Where are you located & can you call anywhere?
- CareCheckers is located in Pennsylvania. All of our representatives are located in the US. Our service is available nationwide (and we can call Canada too, eh).
- Why choose a premium service like CareCheckers?
- The answer is simple - reliability, customization, and care. Though some localities offer a volunteer based service, they only provide a very basic, general welfare check, without any of the advanced customization options we offer. They also tend to be inconsistent and unreliable. Many of our clients who have used volunteer based services in the past have described experiencing days of missed calls, calls occurring at random and inconvenient hours, and uncaring callers. CareCheckers ensures your calls will be made every day (depending on your plan), at a time that is convenient to you. We also provide a level of service unmatched by any other similar service - free or paid. And when it comes to care, you would be hard-pressed to find another company that cares as much as we do about our clients. We really do go the extra mile for every client and family we serve. And we do this for less than the price of a daily cup of coffee.
Monitored Check-In FAQs
- Why was this service created?
- Over the years we have had a number of clients ask if they could call us, rather than having us call them. They did not have the time or desire to talk but, for various reasons, wanted the security of checking-in with someone each day. Ideally, they wanted to leave a simple message, at their convenience, to let us know they are okay. Hence, our Monitored Check-In service was born. Due to popular demand, we expanded our service to include text and email options, in addition to calls. We are nothing if not flexible :)
- Who is this service intended for?
- This service is ideal for people who do not need reminders, do not wish to talk, but simply want to check-in with someone each day. Most of our check-in clients are not seniors, but adults who live alone and typically lead active lives. This service is also very popular with pet owners.
- What time should I check-in?
- You may check-in any time that is convenient for you. If possible, we recommend you check-in before 6PM (Eastern & Pacific) as this is when we begin the final review of our check-in logs. If you opt to check-in later than 6PM, and fail to do so, you will receive an automated reminder, however, live-person calls and contact notifications will typically not occur until the following day.
- How do I check-in?
- You can check-in via text message, email or by calling our toll-free number 1 (888) 477-0435. Full instructions will be provided upon signup.
- What happens when I call?
- You will be greeted by our automated voice menu. Simply press the number 2 on your phone keypad, wait for the tone, then leave your check-in message.
- What do I say in my check-in message?
- You can say whatever you want, but we recommend something along the lines of "This is *Your Name* checking-in. I am fine." Just be sure to say your first and last name. Anything else you want to add is up to you. For text messages, most of our clients check-in using their favorite emojis.
- What if I only want to check-in every other day, or once a week?
- No problem! You can check-in every day, every other day, once a week, once a month... the choice is yours. Just make us aware of your check-in schedule when you signup. Please note the price is still $14.95/month regardless of how often you wish to check-in.
- What happens if I don't check-in?
- We perform a final review of the check-in logs each day at 6PM (Eastern & Pacific). If we don't receive your check-in message by 6PM, we will send you an automated reminder via text, email, or phone. You will then have a couple of hours to respond. If we don’t hear back from you, a live-person will try calling. And If we still can’t reach you, we will then notify your contacts and/or follow whatever instructions you've provided. Don’t worry, we will give you plenty of time and multiple opportunities to respond before alerting your contacts. If you have previously made us aware that you will be checking in late at night, no action will occur until following day.
- Do you have any tips that might help me remember to make my daily check-in call?
- We recommend setting an alarm on your smart phone or leaving a reminder note on your nightstand, fridge, or somewhere you are guaranteed to see it each day.
- What payment forms do you accept?
- We accept all major credit/debit cards and e-check (direct debit from your checking account). If you are unable to pay by credit card, please call us at 1 (888) 477-0435. We can arrange to for you to pay by check or money order.
- Are credit card payments processed securely?
- Absolutely! Our payment forms are protected with 128-bit SSL Encryption to ensure the safety and security of user transactions. Our payments are processed securely through Stripe - a leading processor of online payments, handling billions of dollars in transactions each year. Stripe is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
- How does billing work?
- You credit card (provided during signup) will be automatically billed each month, in the amount of your plan's price, on the anniversary of the date you signed up.
- Can I change plans at any time?
- Sure, you can easily upgrade or downgrade your calling plan as needed. Simply call 1 (888) 477-0435 or email email@example.com and we will adjust your plan accordingly. We will also prorate the fee.
- Is it possible to temporarily suspend my service?
- Yes. If you need to temporarily suspend service, you may do so by calling us at 1 (888) 477-0435 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once service is suspended, you will not be billed again until you reactivate. Please keep in mind, there are no partial refunds if you suspend your service in the middle of a billing cycle.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Of course. There are no contracts or commitments. You may cancel at anytime (though we will miss you). Please be aware, however, that we do not offer partial refunds for days of unused service. So if you must cancel, please do so at the end of your current billing cycle, before the next billing cycle begins.
- What if I need your service, but can’t afford it?
- Our mission is to ensure that every senior has someone to check on them regularly. If you, or someone you know, needs our service but cannot afford the standard pricing, we will do our best to create a plan that fits your budget. Please give us a call at 1-888-477-0435.